Thursday, July 24, 2008

10 Things I Hate about my brain...

1. What was the title again....
2. Oh yeah, stuff about my brain I don't like
2. So did the first ones count
6. Yes
8. I forget what I'm doing by the time I start
9. I love sports
10. What was the title again?????????

Basically what I'm trying to say is that I get distracted easily, but these distractions are not necessarily limited to shiney things (though I do like shiney things), but mostly my own brain comes up with a new thought, a new "directive" immediately after I just embarked on the previous directive.

Example: I go downstairs to do laundry, when I come back up, here is a list of things that I have now done.

1. Gone back up stairs to get some cereal
2. Remember that I went downstairs to do laundry
3. Go back downstairs
4. Beat RockBand
5. Twice
6. Run upstairs for a Soda
7. Go to Wal-Mart to get Sodas
8. Come home with 6 cases of water and a Men's Health magazine determined to change my ways.
9. Go to Sev
10. Get Big Gulp of Pepsi
11. Beat RockBand again
12. Start blogging about my brain
13. Wave to Kristen as she comes down to start some Laundry
14. $&*%!!!

And that folks, is juuuuust about every day of my life. You see now why I'm so bad at blogging... it's not that I don't want to, or "forget." No, it's that I plaaaaan to do it. And this folks is why I hate my brain.

All that being said, I plan (you know what that means) to start writing in this and my other at least weekly, and work from there, please forgive me for depriving you all (3 or 4 of you) of the entertainment that is, my blog (now it's zero of you).

Man I must interview well....

I can't seem to Focus
And I don't know why
Nothing seems to stick
no matter how hard I try
I can remember numbers
like a friggin computer
but my brain changes lanes
like a pissed of commuter
So all I have to say about
I still love sports
the end...

8 comments:

LissMee said...

I am wildly entertained by myself

Melissa: said...

Ditto what you said. But you come in at a close second ;)

hilarious. We must be related because I soooo get what you are talking about.

I've been "going downstairs to do laundry" all day.

Thanks for the reminder...
Now I'm off to steepandcheap.com

Bryce Felt said...

i just had an epiphany of the next huge invention. which i will invent and then give to you for christmas or your bday or just cause... miniature post it notes that you can put on the inside of your eyelids. brilliant! good luck beating rock band with a a bold "laundry" every time you blink. brilliant!

Dream come true said...

I still check so keep it up

lynette said...

Hey, just wait until, like me, you're 40-something. What year is this anyway? I think I wrote 1976 on a check recently.

But as for the Pepsi like someone said, "There is no time in life as optimistic as the first 4 hours of a diet"

Hey, I think I read that on Melissa's blog.

love ya, Mom

Dan n Ash said...

I'm am wildly entertained by yourself too (if you know what I mean)

Phillip and Mary said...

I personally think it's the laundry that's the culprit here.

Anonymous said...

Oh man... That. Was. CLASSIC. I thing we should go into business making t-shirts and mugs that say stuff like, "I was going to take my Ginko Biloba, but I forgot." or, "I was going to take my Ritalin, but I got too distracted."

Anyway, we should really get together and play some Rock Band. I am dangerously close to beating Tom Sawyer on Expert.

One of these days I will let you read a chapter in which I wrote my own brain as a character. Talk about out there...